Are you dealing with hard water scaling issues? No need to buy expensive cleaners anymore as we have some handy DIYs for you.
You can call it hard water stains, limescale, mineral deposits or mineral build up, etc; all is one and the same thing. It is a crusty white film that or say it JUNK that builds around faucets, sink, shower heads, bathtubs, and toilet. This forms when hard water evaporates leaving behind minerals mainly calcium and magnesium that solidify forming a whitish cast that is hard to remove.
There are many cleaners available in the market but they are filled with harsh chemicals. Hence should be used in minimal amount but what about a daily nuisance? Well, you can easily get rid of them. We bring you DIY’s that are pocket-friendly as well as safe for your appliances.
Do you wish to eradicate hard water problems completely? Then go for water softeners that are a one-time investment and cost-effective. Once installed you are free from all hard water problems and free minded. Before you buy check top 10 salt free water softeners so that you pick the right system as per water conditions of your area.
Now, as we have discussed above that water softeners are the best resolution till then you can implement these DIYs for limescale issues.
- Faucets: Soap a paper towel in vinegar and wrap it on the faucet. Let it sit for 30 minutes. You can fill it in the spray bottle also. Later wipe it with a clean cloth.
- Coffee Maker: Add a cup of white vinegar and a cup of water (fill it to the top-increase quantity as required). Run coffee maker and rinse with warm water. Again fill with water and boil, rinse.
- Tea Kettle: Add two denture tablets and water in the tea kettle or antacid tablets. Let them dissolve and boil water. Later boil water and rinse the kettle.
- Bathtub Taps: Squeeze lemon juice and fill in a spray bottle. Directly spray it on the faucets or taps. Let it sit for 30 minutes, scrub a little and wash with hot water.
- Showerhead: Either affixes a carbon filter or takes out the shower head and dip in the vinegar solution for 20 to 30 minutes. Later rinse it with water and put it back.
You can use vinegar on the toilet seat, tiles, faucets, taps, bathtubs, sink, electric kettle and coffee maker to remove stains and crusty residue formed due to water hardness. This is the best solution. If you run out of vinegar substitute it with lemon or coke. Both work well for limescale problems.
We all know that limescale causes stains and looks ugly as mentioned vinegar is anti-scaling (white vinegar). You can take a clean cloth and dip in vinegar wrap it around faucets. Later clean with a clean cloth. This works wonder too and creates no mess. The choice is yours whether you use it in a spray bottle or in dipped towel results will stun you.
No kidding! All the methods listed above are tested. Once I did these tests and used water tap next thought was again I need to clean it up. But NO, there was no need to repeat the process. Just one treatment and limescale was gone.
I am thankful for this method. Now no hard water worries. Super Happy! Do try and tell us how you felt.